Wednesday 21 January 2009

At the sacrificial altar.

At the sacrificial altar.
I put down reverentially
Everything that you are.
Parallels.
I escape from you
Sacrificing myself
To get
What you cannot give-
A God

After the appearance of
All your belongings
That are familiar to me
And stop reaching out to me.
I want to be
Free from memories.
Whether it would work out or not
Is a totally different question.

Sometimes I think
I am a fool
But my thoughts never free
With my emotional needs.
Certain tender expressions of the mind
Are fragile.
Need taking care of.
I can’t throw them out of the window
Of my third storey apartment.
So I try not to resent
Doing what I do.

1 comment:

  1. At the sacrificial altar.
    I put down reverentially
    Everything that you are.
    Parallels.

    ReplyDelete