Thursday 15 January 2009

I want everybody to love me

I want everybody to love me
Love me more than
they love any one else.
It’s not very difficult.
You only have to put it
A little effort.

I want to be prima donna
Once that is achieved
I lean back
heavily satisfied.
And then it comes
Satiety.

I feel like running away
From that whole lot of fools
Who can’t do without me
I shout at them
That I no longer need them
Because I have discovered
They are all fragments of my ideal.

I have long since ceased nourishing guilt
Over my mighty selfish heart
I want to give up hope
But the hungers of my mind
Tempt me into newer mistakes
I am fed up of the game
And start thinking
Stupidity is the only way out
I start being stupid
And snugly fit myself
Along side an image
A thousand times removed from reality
Nevertheless retirement has its own
Advantages.

1 comment:

  1. I want everybody to love me
    Love me more than
    they love any one else.

    ReplyDelete